Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Book's Purpose...

I've spent a lot of time thinking and talking about this book in the past year. It was released in hardcover July 6, 2010 and I read it a few weeks later. How many books leave that kind of impression on you? I've read a lot of really great books, this one really stands out.


A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron spent many weeks on the New York Times Bestseller list but never quite made it to the top 10. You may have never heard of it but I felt like it was my responsibility to spread the word. Some of you have heard me talk about this book before and I may even have dragged you into the world of Ethan and Bailey reluctantly. But I doubt any of you have regretted the journey.
This story has quietly gained a foothold amongst dog lovers all over the world.
It's a sweet journey that will make you laugh, cry and hug your pets just a little closer while you read. Some people have compared it to Marley & Me but to me, it's more like The Art of Racing In the Rain, without the racing. If you've read The Art of Racing In the Rain, you must read A Dog's Purpose!

I'll give you a little hint about this book-the dog dies several times. Please don't let that turn you away...it really becomes part of the story, part of the journey we all take with our pets. The tale is told by the dog, the main character in the book.
This book will help you heal from the loss of a dog in your life. It will make you look deeper into the eyes of every dog you encounter and wonder what's going on in there.
You will definitely want to gift this book to other dog lovers in your life. I lost track of how many copies I have gifted already.
Here is a link for the FB page-

You will NOT be able to resist these stories.
And the reason that ADP is in the forefront of my mind again? Because I'm seeing it in bookstores everywhere, in paperback now!
If you've read it, leave a comment! If you haven't....go get your copy asap!

Happy reading,
Pauline


2 comments:

  1. I have a pile of books on my desk I'm trying to find time to read. Thanks to you I have to go to the library tomorrow and get this one, for the top of the pile. The Art of Racing in the Rain a great book I have not suggested any of my friends read; I strongly urged them to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will LOVE this book. After I read it last year, I gifted it to so many people, I've lost track of how many copies I've purchased. Not too many books have that impact.
    And thanks for leaving my first blog comment!

    ReplyDelete